Why would I be so dang good Gooey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piikki

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Now that our celebrity members are debriefing the last day of their DIR-F (hopefully enjoyable tidbits from the weekend keep on coming!), us mere mortals are browsing the application forms on the GUE site and wondering about next year.

On the bottom of the application, one is queried to make a statement “why you make a good candidate for a Global Underwater Explorers' course”. I have to say my first impulses at answering didn’t make the cut. I’d be curious to hear your DIR’est (erm) responses to this?

Piikki

P.S. Is GUE notorious for being sluggish at sending their publications? Where are my books? Should I warn Santa?

GUE just finished holding their first Annual Conference... could be a minor backlog from that, it's a small staff.

piikki:
On the bottom of the application, one is queried to make a statement “why you make a good candidate for a Global Underwater Explorers' course”. I have to say my first impulses at answering didn’t make the cut. I’d be curious to hear your DIR’est (erm) responses to this?

Piikki

On my next one I'm going to put, "because somebody has to show you clowns how to Do It Right"!

Or...

"Because I always loved TicTacToe as a kid"

Or...

"Because I've always enjoyed wearing plum smugglers...really" (ok not)

Or...

"Because I've always wanted to go downtown"

I wish to continue with GUE training. Why am I a good candidate? Well if this was PADI I would say it was because I have a credit card LOL

My actual statement....but I wish I would of thought of Scotts when I was typed it out.

i took it seriously and interpreted it as "why do you want to do technical diving?" and filled in that i wanted to do dives on wrecks in the 120-180 fsw range with trimix, deco bottles and scooters and named a couple of the wrecks...

i should do better next time...

"I'm stuck in a strokepit and I can't get up!"

"Someone in a Mos Eisley Bar told me you were looking for a pilot..."

Oh Jeff Jeff Jeff <shaking head> You're half the reason I frequent this place. Too funny. I don't recall what I wrote. Probably nothing smart-*****ed though.

Scuba_Steve:
Oh Jeff Jeff Jeff <shaking head> You're half the reason I frequent this place. Too funny. I don't recall what I wrote. Probably nothing smart-*****ed though.

Here what my actual response to the Medical comments

Remarks for above:
1: Yep...Hic
15: It helps to see
25: It sucks growing up

21: Toyed with checking it off, but some people don't have a sense of humour about those things :wink: (Mental or emotional problems)

Where 1: Is Drinking, 15: Wearing glasses, 25: 40 or over 21: Mental or emotional problems

Unbelieveable, here I was sweating bullets at the inquisition.....and you're making a complete mockery(sp) of it...LOL Next time I'll, do it right. Does anybody even read this stuff? Evidently not!

Scuba_Steve:
Unbelieveable, here I was sweating bullets at the inquisition.....and you're making a complete mockery(sp) of it...LOL Next time I'll, do it right. Does anybody even read this stuff? Evidently not!
Well...It did take them an extra month to send my card vs my buddies that took fundi's at the same time. Maybe my comments had something to do about it. :D

The processing dude was laughing so hard he dropped the card and it went under the desk. He found it two weeks later and mailed it off as if nothing had happened.

I tend to write cheques to the government with various versions of Receiver General with smileys and all etc, and every last one of them have been cashed no matter how butchered I got it. There never really was any worry about the man getting his coin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom