Why you might be using a Terrestris Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FINALLY! Someone has found a use for those funny looking things!!:goingdown:

jetrail.jpg

Jester,
I grew up in Traverse City and lived in Ontario and the U.P. and when visiting family, I always take a pair of Force Fins with me.

I went diving this weekend and finally realized what it was about my FF that impressed me the most. I don’t feel like I have anything on my feet. It must be what fish feel like.

foot_vs_foot.jpg

Are you on the right foot or the wrong foot?

The last time I saw this photo, I thought that a traditional fin maker should glibly parody it by doing a similar one with a bright, shiny modern fin of theirs and a dirty old Birkenstock sandal on the other foot sitting on top of a similar board with the caption "you shouldn't wear your fins like hippies wear their clogs". :D

Still looking for a pair of excellators on ebay to try out sometime since the one real local dive shop in Memphis (The Dive Shop) doesn't carry FF. Cheers.

Water always follows the path of least resistance!
extrawater_bpm.jpg

Art Phillipe stands on the swim platform waiting for the signal to enter the water.

I took this photo of the Extra Force Fin, where you can see water flow patterns around the whiskers and scalloped V shaped Fin blade edge. The winglets generate a predominate leading-edge vortex ( LEV) which is responsible for proving lift and variable thrust control!

The foot free design makes this fin an Aquatic fin, a smart fin versus, all other the fins that are only an extension of your foot and provide leg cramps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom