wicked diving and airplanes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heehee62

Contributor
Reaction score
Which are the safer airlines going to the where the liveaboards start the komodo trip? Are they safe?

Does Wicked Diving's 7 day trip go to all the same south sites that other 8 day liveaboards do?

Are Wickeds bathrooms clean enough?

I was going to book Mermaids II liveaboard cause it started from Bali but then I saw Wicked's price was much cheaper and became tempted to go with them instead. Thanks.

I'd contact Wicked directly and ask them if they go to Manta Alley and Cannibal Rock on their trips. Nothing beats info straight from the horses mouth, and that way if they say they do and don'tyou can hold them accountable. These sites are not to be missed.
I can say Mermaid II is a great operation all the way from the itinerary down to the crew. I've been on their Komodo trips the last two years and it was some of the best diving I've done.
I wouldn't hesitate to go back with them. If you do book with them PM me and I can give you the name of the best spotter I've ever dived with, he can spot a tiny frogfish from meters away.
On night dives he is a site to see as you watch his light and how long it takes him to figure out what a critter is, he's absolutely remarkable.

Took your advice dirtfarmer and contacted Wicked. They responded very quickly too. Unfortunately, they don't go as south as Manta Alley and Cannibal Rock. Bummer - their price is fantastic and I'm sure it's great bang for buck.

Think I'll do a little more research on liveaboard costs first, but most likely it'll be mermaids ii. Thanks a lot for the offer on the PMing and spotter by the way. I'll definitely PM you if I go with mermaid.

If anyone still knows about airlines and safety, that'd still be nice to hear about.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. There are other manta sites and if the seas are rough most boats will not go south. I have flown to Labuanbajo a couple times with no problems. If you can choose Garuda then go with them since they have a great record and have a sports allowance for baggage.

Unfortunately, they don't go as south as Manta Alley and Cannibal Rock. Bummer - their price is fantastic and I'm sure it's great bang for buck.

I'm a bit puzzled by a dive op says they do the South but don't get into Horseshoe Bay. IMHO, that's the point of going to the South.

I'm a bit puzzled by a dive op says they do the South but don't get into Horseshoe Bay. IMHO, that's the point of going to the South.

they never said they went south, just that it was 7day trip.

Hi Heehee62,

A bit late of an answer but I recently booked a Liveaboard with Wicked Diving on the 27th of June. These are the "popular" dive sites that they said they usually visit:

Castle Rock ( north )Crsytal Rock ( north )Cauldron ( north )Batu Bolong ( middle )Manta Point ( middle )Wanilu ( middle )

Have you decided when and with whom you'll go?

Regarding Airplanes I am planning on flying with Garuda even though it's quite expensive because you can book a ticket on the internet without hassle. I will book a one-way ticket to Labuan Bajo and then I will see if I can get a cheaper option on my return flight while at the airport/town.

I am booked with Divine Diving in November, they have 4d/3n LOBs to the north and south and we booked both trips back to back. We will go to Horseshoe Bay, Manta Alley, etc..
The price is comparable to Wicked and Marij is very, very helpful in the booking process.
Welcome to Divine Diving, Flores, Indonesia
We just bought round trip tickets from Denpasar to Labuan Bajo for $135 each. So, it really is much more affordable than the Mermaid leaving from Bali...although if you can afford it the Mermaid sounds excellent....I'm on a budget unfortunately!

Back
Top Bottom