Wide Angle Conversion Lenses for PT-050/XZ-1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gb_williams

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Using the Oly PT-050 housing with the the XZ-1, have you had any trouble of any kind with the Olympus PYWC-01 or the Inon UWL-H100 wide angle conversion lenses?

i use the inon and it worked fine.

The PTWC-01 is a great (but heavy) piece of glass that yields excellent results with the XZ-1.

How heavy? Heavy enough to throw off my shots or just heavy feeling?

I've been told that the Oly PTWC-01 has problems with the threads corroding, and there is a review stating that while it's a lighter lens, the Inon UWL-H100 has vignetting issues. Has anyone experienced either of these issues?

How heavy? Heavy enough to throw off my shots or just heavy feeling?

I've been told that the Oly PTWC-01 has problems with the threads corroding, and there is a review stating that while it's a lighter lens, the Inon UWL-H100 has vignetting issues. Has anyone experienced either of these issues?
You wont really notice the weight underwater and if you put a small amount of silicone on he threads you should never have an issue with corrosion.

The INON lens is much smaller and imo just as good as the Oly lens...I've had both and sold the Oly and wouldn't go back.

And, for what it is worth, you can add the dome to the Inon for even wider FOV. But that option also adds weight and of course expense.

N

While not a true wide-angle lens, we find that the Nauticam wet mount conversion lens works very well with this setup. It restores the field of view to 28mm and is very small and light. And it's cheaper than the other options at $240.

Jack

Thank you for your recommendations and help, but I decided to go with the E-PM1.

Back
Top Bottom