Wide angle lens for the Sony SR12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geokr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a new Equinox housing for the Sony SR12 and the wide angle lenses they provided have pretty bad blurring on both sides of the frame at 16:9. Obviously these lenses were not made specifically for the mounting geometry of the SR12 or for HD. Anyone have any recommendations on a suitable wide angle lens for the SR12 that stays in focus all across the frame at 16:9?

Its gonna be hot or miss with the wide angel lens for that housing. i have heard from other people with the same problems, and some people have had some success with them. Try zooming out just a little bit, and see if the vignetting goes away. This is usual with the cheaper wide angel lenses. And using a wide angel lens on the camera itself inside if the housing is going to be even worst. You should only be having issues when you are on wide view, if you zoom in should correct it. Unless the wide angel lens is real bad quality.

I know its not much help, but as I said it seems to be hit or miss with economical wide angel lenses.

Raynox is from Japan. Sorry, I forgot that I am German. Should have send you the englisch version. Raynox is pretty cheap, it is around 100 Dollars and veeery wide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom