Wide Angle Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone used the wide angle lens yet? Would love to see some sample shots with the wide angle lens on.

seansrs36, in my opinion, a wide angle lens is a must have accessory if you are shooting a reef shot, large pelagics, or wrecks. I have a wide angle lens for my dx-1g and recently purchased a fisheye lens for the 1g. I can't wait to use the fisheye on our upcoming trip to Fiji. Here is a link that shows the difference between the lenses: FIX UWL-04 Fisheye Wet Lens - Scuba Forum - Scuba Diving Forums and Discussion Board. You will see right away how much better the composure of the shot is when using a wide angle lens.

Regards,

Bill

I agree with Hammerhead man. A wide angle (wet) lens is a must have. I use it on almost every dive to shoot panoramas of the reef in available light or to get a good shot near the subject. I was very happy with my Sea & Sea Wide angle lens till I saw the pictures of the fisheye lens. I am looking forward to your shots from Fiji, Hammerhead Man.

almost all my shots taken with my DX-5000G were shot with the wide angle lens attached, see my galleries.

Here's one:

m0010427.jpg

hammerhead man what fisheye lens setup are you using? I have the wide angle and am thinking about a fisheye for an upcoming trip to cage dive with Great White Sharks. Thanks,

Chuck

Hey! No that photo was taken with my old S&S wide angle lens -- before I dragged it over some rocks and BROKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lyonsce, click on the link in my first post (above) and you will see the lens that I got.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom