Wife does PADI "Discover Scuba": Pics...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here are a couple of pics of the wife at the Discover Scuba offered by PADI; the training was free of charge and she had a blast and is now considering getting certified... :D

My WP-DC9 couldn't have arrived at a better time; we had a blast....

24zddhu.jpg

m9ssnp.jpg

2i296yh.jpg

2weh30o.jpg

9bexk3.jpg

Right on!! I see your wife has good taste in regulators. :) that Titan kicks ***. If you don't mind me asking, how much did your camera cost? I want to eventually get one, but it seems like they're all like $1,500 or more..

Very cool pics! Nice quality. I'm totally jealous of your camera equip. lol. Looks like your wife is at ease and having a great time too! :)

Looks like fun!

If you don't mind: I had seen folks using that method of octo retention so I tried it with a class. It has the propensity to jam and not deploy. I don't recommend it. Steal a rubber band and make a loop, it's better. IMNSHO.

Right on!! I see your wife has good taste in regulators. :) that Titan kicks ***. If you don't mind me asking, how much did your camera cost? I want to eventually get one, but it seems like they're all like $1,500 or more..

I got the Canon SD 800is last christmas and today you can pick it up for $310 dollars. The waterproof case is $158 shipped to your door via BH photography online. I also picked up the Canon weights for $28. This gives me almost neutral bouyancy, slighty negative. Without the weights your camera will be positive.

The camera also does video and I have several of my wife swimming with the Scuba gear, if I have some time I will pick one clip and post it on this thread.

So the whole setup will be about $450 bucks...

MG

Looks like fun!

If you don't mind: I had seen folks using that method of octo retention so I tried it with a class. It has the propensity to jam and not deploy. I don't recommend it. Steal a rubber band and make a loop, it's better. IMNSHO.

Thanks for noticing this type of setup, and be warned it is not the method used for deployment in the ocean.

Remember that my wife is discovering scuba in a very small environment, one on one with a Master diver.

I asked about why they are connected like such, and got an answer that this setup is so the octo doesn't drag all over the bottom and is not in the way as she swims around the pool. He never left her side so any sharing was going to be a quick surface ascent and call it quits, luckily she loved it.

MG

Mike,

This is awesome! I know she had some concerns about certifying in Monterey. Is going to go for it here?

She'll get the bug. Don't worry. :)

B.

I got the Canon SD 800is last christmas and today you can pick it up for $310 dollars. The waterproof case is $158 shipped to your door via BH photography online. I also picked up the Canon weights for $28. This gives me almost neutral bouyancy, slighty negative. Without the weights your camera will be positive.

The camera also does video and I have several of my wife swimming with the Scuba gear, if I have some time I will pick one clip and post it on this thread.

So the whole setup will be about $450 bucks...

MG

For how good the quality of those pictures are, that's insane that the setup only cost $450...wow, thanks! I'm definitely going to scrounge up some money and get a setup like that myself. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom