Will be in Utila in a week or so....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last year in Roatan, I was happy I had my 3mm full. 3 -4 dives a day... The last dives I started to get a bit cold at the end. And in general, I don't get cold easily. Better warmer than colder in my oppinion!:coffee:

Depends on your nature....I am cold natured so I wear a 3mm year round....this time of year Nortes can make it all the way down there and even though the water will be in the low 80's the wind will feel cold when you are on the boat and you may lose your core temp warmth....plus as the other poster mention doing multiple dives daily you will get chilled....

Definately take something. At the moment on a sunny day I dive in my Rash vest..... but today I'll be in my full 3mm as it is a bit windy and rainy (no time to warm up in between dives) Agsain it is always a personal thing but i'd take something just to be sure.

take em both, you may use the 3 on some dives and the 1 on others. I agree that it is better to be warmer rather than colder.
I dove Roatan last January and the water was 82F. I used a 1 for a couple of dives and went with a 3 the rest of the week.
I am leaving Sat for Roatan and although I think the water is warmer in early November over early January, I am still taking a 1mm full suit and the 3mm full suit. They are not heavy or take up lots of room so why not?

Going to Utila in May so I can't wait to see a trip report. I always use 3 mil because after multiple days diving I get chilled easy
greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom