Will my TUSA tank pressure gauge fit into another boot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danman132x

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all, going to try and make this as clear as possible. Right now for the last few years, I have this tank pressure gauge, the Tusa SCA-150. It is a standalone gauge just for tank pressure.
Tusa Tusa Guage

I need to know if this will fit a different boot, or if it's proprietary, before I go spend money on a different boot with 3 holes. My main goal is to add a backup depth gauge (standalone puck that will hopefully fit, any recomendations) and a compass for navigation on the bottom side. Right dive I just use my wrist dive computer for my depth, but would like a backup incase the watch ever fails underwater. Also really need a compass, especially for my advanced certification I would like to take soon.

One like this for example would be perfect, provided it fits
Oceanic Sherwood 3 Gauge Console/Boot SCUBA Dive Computer, Compass, SPG, Depth | eBay

Another model, but I dont like it as much
SCUBA DIVING PRE-OWNED 3 GAUGE OCEANIC CONSOLE BOOT BLACK! VERY GOOD CONDITION! | eBay

Would this work and fit the TUSA? It's really hard to find this out, as TUSA doesn't give much information on their gauge really.

Maybe one of these gauges to pop in for depth
Oceanic Max Depth Swiv Replacement Module Gauge Console Scuba Diving 04.1660 | eBay

Ask Omar at One-More-Chance-Scuba (the pictures taken on the diver's flag on eBay) if he can measure it for you--he probably will. My experience with gauge consoles is the the SPGs will usually be interchangeable but the depth gauges seem to vary a lot more, especially in thickness. On the plastic consoles that screw together you can sometimes add a little padding (7mm wetsuit rubber, etc) and get it to center properly and be secure, or notch it out inside with a Dremel tool or whatever. Compasses also vary a lot and may or may not fit.

SCUBA DIVING PRE-OWNED 3 GAUGE BLACK PENNFORM CONSOLE BOOT! EXCELLENT!! | eBay

This particular console has a notch out on the top hole which I suspect is for a bottom timer, so you can reset and wind it but they were available without the notch.

Here's a side profile of an Oceanic SPG from my wife's console
Overall thickness is .935"
The larger diameter is 2.2" and .4" thick (these are the more important dimensions)
the smaller is 2.1"

The larger diameter portion is what holds it in the boot. If your Tusa gauge does not have a 2.2" x .4" "section" , it won't fit. - clarification - It won't fit snugly.

29433503388_bb0422a893_c.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom