Will the sizes be the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redstilettos

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a 7mm Henderson Hyperstretch in a size 14 which is absolutely perfect. (all 7mm's are a bummer to put on, but hey...living in Wisconsin, we need something on!).

My question is for a 3mm. I have a cheaper 3mm suit, which really doesn't fit that well. If I want to buy a Henderson 3mm, would I buy the same size??

Sorry red, I cant say for certain, I would suggest just getting into a fusion and forget the wetsuits:D

I have a 7mm Henderson Hyperstretch in a size 14 which is absolutely perfect. (all 7mm's are a bummer to put on, but hey...living in Wisconsin, we need something on!).

My question is for a 3mm. I have a cheaper 3mm suit, which really doesn't fit that well. If I want to buy a Henderson 3mm, would I buy the same size??

uhhh, which way does West Bend, WI bend again?

go to a LDS and find one there that fits correctly and buy it there at the LDS..Very VERY bad form to get fitted at the LDS and then get item online.:no:.You used them and wasted their time and expertise if you purchase elsewhere.If you plan on using the LDS as a fitting room tell them your plans to do so before they invest any effort to help you.

I wouldn't see why not, the sizing charts do not differentiate the suit type. My wife has a Henderson Hyperstretch in a size 8. I bought her a core warmer as a Christmas present. To get the size, I just looked at the size of her existing Henderson suit and bought the core warmer the same size. It fits.

Most likely, yes. However, I've noticed sizes can vary some. My Pinnacle Elastiprene 3mm is a nearly-perfect stock fit in 3mm, in the same suit except 5mm Merino version, same size it's tight.

Make sure to buy from somewhere with a fit guarantee!

Not necessarily!! The Henderson Hyperstretch has 360 degree stretch thus it fills in where it needs to and takes away from where it doesn't need it. I have fitted a lot of people from regular neoprene to Hyperstrech and have found that the majority of the divers go down a size sometimes two (depending on manufacturer) when going to Hyperstretch. If you like the fit and comfort go to the new H2 suit and the sizing will be the same. Don't be surprised if you go up one size if you go with the Thermoprene over the H2. Do you see a lot of silver showing through the black on the 7mm Hyperstrech or is it all solid black? If solid black and no silver then you maybe fine in the same size Thermoprene, on the other hand, if you are looking at silver you will probably have to go up one size.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom