Wind surfing with the Paddlefish at Haigh today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O'Malley:
Mlody11,
You're absolutely right, the manual white balance makes all the difference. I shoot in aperture mode and also manually set the white balance but last weekend, set the white balance to the underwater mode. However, following taking my shots I noticed my camera was in the auto mode. I must have accidentally been rotating the selector dial with those darn 7mm gloves. My distance to subject was approximately 15 feet in the photo I posted and had the strobe fired (was set to no pre-flash), it really wouldn't have mattered.

Which camera did you use for the picture? Its obviously a SLR since you have the aperature mode. Gotta love that mode for underwater shots. What kind of lense do you use? Its interesting that the picture is more blue then green. Perhaps the a diffrent time of year causes a change in the water's spectrum filtering.

Oh here is something I've been pondering about... Have you tried to use a lense with Vibration reduction underwater? I've taken pictures with it on land and it does miracles for pictures with a slow shutter speed. Combine a lens that goes to 1.2 on the f stop with VR and im thinking you can take pictures in slow really low light conditions.

I know this should probably go to the photo forum...
Anyone up for diving this Saturday at Haigh?

Mlody11:
Which camera did you use for the picture? Its obviously a SLR since you have the aperature mode. Gotta love that mode for underwater shots. What kind of lense do you use? Its interesting that the picture is more blue then green. Perhaps the a diffrent time of year causes a change in the water's spectrum filtering.

Oh here is something I've been pondering about... Have you tried to use a lense with Vibration reduction underwater? I've taken pictures with it on land and it does miracles for pictures with a slow shutter speed. Combine a lens that goes to 1.2 on the f stop with VR and im thinking you can take pictures in slow really low light conditions.

I know this should probably go to the photo forum...
Anyone up for diving this Saturday at Haigh?

I plan on being at Haigh this Saturday. Trying to console myself for having to cancel my trip on the Len Der last weekend! :-(

I will surely be there. Probably a bit later... around 11-12ish. I will once again have my absolute scuba tank if you want to find me :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom