Wind surfing with the Paddlefish at Haigh today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O'Malley:
Dean, great diving with ya' today...yeah, working the manual funtions on the camera with 7mm gloves gets a bit tricky but this one was the best of the bunch

Thanks for posting! Great shot! It's now my wallpaper

Here are a few more shots of the day's diving.

DSCN0340.JPG

at first we thought this fish was dead, but after we came too close the beast jammed himself into the bed of algae

DSCN0334.JPG

DSCN0338.JPG

That's one of the best paddlefish shots I ever saw.

My solitary sighting came in the shallow side, very near the corner closest to the Haigh residence. Had a student with me on her first check-out dive. Was a nice feather in her cap considering the shop owner's wife/co-owner has never had the pleasure.

IrishCubsFan:
Steve,

Great picture... I've been diving Haigh for four years now and never seen one of those critters. I'm just going to have to try a little harder this year ;-)

ICF

You just might start having better luck. The word I have is that most of the paddlefish at Haigh now came from the Shedd, and have gotten used to divers and the public in general. That might mean they will be less shy than the old timers. Could explain the reason why people have been seeing these monsters lately!

Back
Top Bottom