Windy Point trip report May 1 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ha! That was great! I love reading your blogs! :D Seriously, though, I think you should cut Nathan a little slack. He's just trying to have a little fun...that's why the gals keep us around for, right? Our entertainment value...and someone to take out the trash and kill an occassional cockroach? :wink:

Ha! That was great! I love reading your blogs! :D Seriously, though, I think you should cut Nathan a little slack. He's just trying to have a little fun...that's why the gals keep us around for, right? Our entertainment value...and someone to take out the trash and kill an occassional cockroach? :wink:

I am the bug killer in this house :11:

Now on the entertainment value, yes, its also why I spawned :D

I turned the dive around because I did not feel comfortable keeping up with two new divers. Ten minutes into the dive and I was breathing hard and fast and my heart was racing. I was so nervous that if I stopped watching either of you for even a second then something could go badly and it would be all my fault. So I would turn, twist, roll, trying to watch you both, navigate, lead, be a good example, forgetting to watch my own air, etc. It was simly beyond my comfort limit so I called it.
The rule is: Any Diver can call a dive at Any Time, for Any Reason. That's my reason and I'm sticking to it!
My lesson learned - I don't think DM/ Instructor will be in my future card collection. They have to watch too many divers at one time.

Dont be so hard on yourself, You did awesome hell I couldnt tell you were stressing so kudos to remaining calm. Looks like we BOTH are hard on ourselves, you did perfect and it was a awesome dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom