Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ottomatik

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am plannig on purchasing a wing and back plate. Am I correct in thinking that I should buy a wing such as:

Dual Rec Wings incorporate redundant inner bladders with separate inflators and can provide up to 51 pounds of lift. They can be used with both single and double cylinders. These wings can accommodate up to double steel E7-120 or E8-130/LP104 cylinders as well as double aluminum 100 cylinders. Dual Rec Wings are a good choice for divers who desire built-in redundancy while using either doubles or large singles.

Since I have double and in some cases triples of almost everything along with a redundent air supply would not a wing with redundant bladder make more sense?

Personally I dont' like the dual bladder wings, however if you insist on having redundant bouyancy they will work, just keep in mind, even though it is advertised as a singles/doubles wing. It won't work very well with a single tank, way too much lift, and the excess drag, and it will have a tendancy to taco around the tank.

Really it depends on your exposure suit, if your really worried about redundant bouyancy, especially diving with the tanks you mentioned I would really consider a drysuit, that would provide your reduntant bouyancy.

Either that or you can carry a 50lb lift bag and worst comes to worst that will work also

Actually I did get the rec wings. Coincidently after posting the question I was offered a used set a an excellent price. I ALSO have a 50lb lift bag. I am not considering a drysuit this year. Thanks for replies

Back
Top Bottom