Winter dive gear in Japan - advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sizing is really important with a dry suit as they don't stretch like wetsuits do if its on the small size (especially foot size.)
Do you have your drysuit SP? if not take an SP class and try on 1 or 2 suits from the school. In fact you need to do your SP if you havent done so yet. Don't immediately buy the cheapest either... do you want a shell style or a neoprene style?
DUI are expensive but top notch - you'd never regret a DUI....

We can get you a deal on a Dive Rite suit, inlcuding the new front entries. I'm not so sure you need to run out and take a DS speciality course though, they are not that hard to figure out. I would figure out what kind you want and buy the best you can afford as they will last a long time. I have dove both White's and Dive Rite dry suits and liked them both.

So, it seems that the overwhelming consensus here is that if I plan to dive year-round, don't bother with the 7mm -- go straight to a dry....

I would say if you need more than 3 mm go for a dry (yes, we sell both wet and dry).

What is your height/weight and shoe size?

Height is 183 cm (6 ')
Weight is 85 kg (187 lb or 13.4 stone) (give or take depending on the week).
More relevantly, my waist circumference is 92cm (36")
Shoe size is 28 cm (US size 10)

In other words, a fairly average sorta guy. :D

Back
Top Bottom