Winter dives worth it?.... Pics: Front Beach, Rockport, MA, Saturday 01/05/2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im jealous i havnt been in the water in a month my drysuit is rear zip shouldve bought a front zip so i can get into it myself great pics

Dave those are great pic and description of your day , i am new to diving and seing those pics makes me want to get diving right away just one prob need my dry suit looking right now once i get one i will be diving year round .

Connecticutt diver

Thanks for the report....am looking to do the same this weekend(time to get wet!!!!) but water temps here will be 56-60, hopefully........Thanks again for sharing......

Dave those are great pic and description of your day , i am new to diving and seing those pics makes me want to get diving right away just one prob need my dry suit looking right now once i get one i will be diving year round .

Connecticutt diver

Welcome to ScubaBoard, rynno, and thanks for the kind words!

You'll love the warmth of a drysuit! You'll dive a lot more if you're warm. :D

I assume you're looking locally, but don't forget to try the Bargain News in your home turf of Connecticut.

The WantAdvertiser in MA is also good, plus you can view it's listings online for free.

The WANT ADvertiser Online

EBay has some bargains, too, but you'll need to know what you're doing to buy sight-unseen.

Talk to local divers for tips and possibly leads on drysuits.

Search this board for tips, too.

Good luck in your search! :)

Thanks for the report....am looking to do the same this weekend(time to get wet!!!!) but water temps here will be 56-60, hopefully........Thanks again for sharing......

Now, those temps sound great! Enjoy! Post a report, I'd love to read about warmer water! :)

Dave C

I've been out of the water for four months now and I really didn't miss it much until I read this post. Now I want to get back in the water tomorrow.

I really need to get a drysuit.

Jim

Nice pics!!! Makes me want to get in the water.

Nice report and pictures. I'm really jealous, I lived up there my whole life and love shore diving around MA, but I moved to Houston for a new job a year ago. I just got a dry suit and needless to say the mud pit I tried it out in down here can't compare to your dry suit dive. Can't wait to get some diving in when I'm back home this summer.

Picture are great, Being from Michigan I thought I should get cert. in Ice diving. It is diffrent and fun. I think it is worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom