Winter Jetty Fest 2010 Jan 22-24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good info. I'll definately be there, and although I'm within driving distance I wouldn't miss the opportunity to see the Egg in action...Again!

So Denise, since you'll be able to get a discount at the gate (AARP), can you rent me a site?

LOL, and maybe she can bring her doctor with her.

Access to Fort Pickens actually gives you access to all Gulf National Parks by the way, so you'll be allowed at Anderson and several other parks in the area. Anderson also has true primitive camping, but you'll have to walk atleast 1/2 mile with your camping gear before you hit the camping area. Its awesome though, you typically have NOBODY around and you can set up a fire on the beach near the high tide line.

Access to Fort Pickens actually gives you access to all Gulf National Parks by the way, so you'll be allowed at Anderson and several other parks in the area. Anderson also has true primitive camping, but you'll have to walk atleast 1/2 mile with your camping gear before you hit the camping area. Its awesome though, you typically have NOBODY around and you can set up a fire on the beach near the high tide line.

is that over on the west side of the bay/pass? I'd heard about some folks camping there.... they said the walk in was a bitch in the sand, but it was worth it.

:laughsnow: that's my hiney laughing its way to warmth in January...

One thing we may want to think about is having everyone bring some wood, so we can get a nice bonfire going to keep warm.

One thing we may want to think about is having everyone bring some wood, so we can get a nice bonfire going to keep warm.

This was already on my list. I have a few firewood sources around my house.

Do you guys/gals want to grill-out at the campsite or go to Peg Leg Petes Welcome to PegLeg Pete"s or another restaurant at the beach for some grub???

either would be fun, but grilling would be the cheaper of the choices. everyone could bring something along to cook and everyone enjoy things buffet style.

i have a nice gas grill and for starting fires i have some fat lighter

yall just let me know if yall would like for me to bring my grill

All I want to know is which one of you will be bringing the motor home equipped with heat, indoor plumbing and a king size bed? Barry I am sure I could arrange to let you pitch a tent in the front yard :D

Back
Top Bottom