Winter Jetty Fest 2010 Jan 22-24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good info. I'll definately be there, and although I'm within driving distance I wouldn't miss the opportunity to see the Egg in action...Again!

............but I was soooo good.

Anderson also has true primitive camping, but you'll have to walk atleast 1/2 mile with your camping gear before you hit the camping area. Its awesome though, you typically have NOBODY around

You know there is probably a reason for that Mat :wink:

Mimac & I are going to try to be there. We haven't done much winter diving - have 5mil suits but what are your suggestions if we'll need more.

Denise - we will probably do a condo rental & will see if Pam wants to come. You'll be welcome to bunk in with us.

Larry & Jodi

Mimac & I are going to try to be there. We haven't done much winter diving - have 5mil suits but what are your suggestions if we'll need more.

It really depends on how cold water tolerant you are. In the past I have dove in the 6.5 semi-dry wetsuit. This year I have bought a merino lined 5mm wetsuit to dive in the springs. I noticed that it was so warm and comfortable while diving the springs during Vortoberfest that I will probable try diving with it along with a hood. IMO you need about a 5mm hood and at least 3mm gloves (I like 3mm because it gives me warmth and dexterity). If you decide to dive your 5mm, you may want to consider putting on a shorty wetsuit under it to give you a little more insulation around your core. During the winter I even use neoprene socks inside of my 5mm boots to give me a little more insulation in my feet.

Even though you have to wear a bit more gear to keep you warm in the water during the colder months, winter diving can really be alot of fun.

LOL, and maybe she can bring her doctor with her.

What about my Nanny? I am suffering from empty nest syndrome. My son left for college in August so I had to let the Nanny go. He sued for visitation rights but my husband vetoed it. I am sure gonna miss him....

Egg, Are you saying you're planning on camping? In a Tent?..... I can't see it!

No I think she will be bringing this along.

204.jpg

Here is the average sea data for the month of January.

[IMG]http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt80/jhayes75/Random/buoyStationGraph.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom