Winter Jetty Fest 2010 Jan 22-24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has anyone used a wetsuit heater? We're looking on web for deals on 7ml wetsuits and saw this as an accessory. Our granddaughters are in Oregon and will need the warmer suits also - thanks for giving us an occasion to look for this stuff. Barring illness or death, we are planning to be there.

Coosachief & Mimac

Brrrrr, but count me in for the Winterfest dives.

Monica

Last edited:
Has anyone used a wetsuit heater? We're looking on web for deals on 7ml wetsuits and saw this as an accessory. Our granddaughters are in Oregon and will need the warmer suits also - thanks for giving us an occasion to look for this stuff. Barring illness or death, we are planning to be there.

Coosachief & Mimac

From what I have seen, most wetsuit heaters are just expensive holders for those heated chemical packs. I would just save the money and buy a few chemical heaters and throw them inside your wetsuit. I have never tried this, but it may be a good idea.

LOL, at least I won't put my eye out. The suit I'm looking at is the super stretch neoprene. I tried it on and it is very flexiable.
Sweet. Mine is not comfy.

From what I have seen, most wetsuit heaters are just expensive holders for those heated chemical packs. I would just save the money and buy a few chemical heaters and throw them inside your wetsuit. I have never tried this, but it may be a good idea.

I can't remember who told me about the chemical packs, but they said the packs get too hot when left in one area or against the skin and are geared more for actions such as having them in a coat pocket to warm hands. If I remembered correctly, might want to test them before putting them in a wetsuit.

Monica

I was talking to a shop owner in South Carolina. He related the story of a person who put the heat packs inside his dry suit. It seems that the packs are further activated by pressure. The diver was wearing a full face mask with communication to the surface. He apparently began screaming at depth and eventually had to be cut out of the dry suit. He received second and third degree burns to the areas adjacent to the heat packs.

Back
Top Bottom