Winter Jetty Fest 2010 Jan 22-24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Camp Loops A,C and E are open with Electrical, Water and each has its own bathhouse with hot showers. Loops B and D might be open by then. I plan on camping there the weekend before to test the waters and pick a good loop to camp in.

The high tides for your early weekend checkout are going to be in the evening. Luckily, there isn't much tidal flow that weekend (neap tide) so if you get out there in the water around 10:00 am you should be able to get in a decent dive. I wish I could join you, but I have to work nights that weekend.

Luckily, starting in February the high tide times work more into daytime diving. So Ft. Pickens will open up alot more for everyone.

The high tides for your early weekend checkout are going to be in the evening. Luckily, there isn't much tidal flow that weekend (neap tide) so if you get out there in the water around 10:00 am you should be able to get in a decent dive. I wish I could join you, but I have to work nights that weekend.

Luckily, starting in February the high tide times work more into daytime diving. So Ft. Pickens will open up alot more for everyone.

I was just looking at the tides and high tide is at 9:40pm. If anyone is interested(Hetland,Mrxray) weather permitting we could do a night dive either Saturday or Sunday night which would be the 16th and 17th.

Low tide on Saturday (the 16th) is at 8:41am with water levels at .5, but the tidal exchange at high tide at 9:40pm only brings the water levels up to .8. Realistically you can dive all day. Although I would just wait for the air temps to warm up, then go.

What are the water temps and does anyone plan diving the 16th-17th weekend?

How many are still planning to camp? This weather lately is scary. :(

I'm planning on Ft. Pickens on the 23rd at 1:30 for a 2-tank dive.

7mm 2-piece with hood. I may need to borrow an anchor to get down, though...
I may try to hit the wall at Perdido Point on Sunday

Code:
Tides for Mobile Point (Fort Morgan) starting with January 22, 2010.

Day        High      Tide  Height   Sunrise    Moon  Time      % Moon
           /Low      Time    Feet    Sunset                    Visible

F   22      Low   4:11 AM     0.0   6:47 AM    Rise 10:31 AM      34
    22     High   3:40 PM     0.9   5:20 PM

Sa  23      Low   4:24 AM    -0.2   6:47 AM     Set 12:09 AM      44
    23     High   4:07 PM     1.0   5:21 PM    Rise 11:06 AM

Su  24      Low   5:00 AM    -0.3   6:47 AM     Set  1:10 AM      54
    24     High   4:48 PM     1.1   5:22 PM    Rise 11:48 AM

What are the water temps and does anyone plan diving the 16th-17th weekend?

If the weather is ok, I should be there. My best guess would be around 55-60 on the water temp.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom