Wireless computer comparison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

msarb45

New
Reaction score
I am looking into buying a new computer and am trying to decide if I should go with a wireless computer with a transmitter. Currently I am looking at either the Aeris Atmos Elite or the Oceanic VT Pro. Can anyone provide me feedback about these computers?

Thanks

I have a VT Pro and a Uwatec SmartTec. I like them both for differant reasons: The Uwatec supports up to three different Nitrox mixes for the same dive and you can adjust the conservativism (sp?) but the VT Pro has a nice simple design that is very easy to read and understand. That is now my back up computer and the one my son uses when he is diving.

I prefer the VT Pro as it is a simple user friendly unit with a large display for viewing.

msarb45:
I am looking into buying a new computer and am trying to decide if I should go with a wireless computer with a transmitter. Currently I am looking at either the Aeris Atmos Elite or the Oceanic VT Pro. Can anyone provide me feedback about these computers?

Thanks

To add to his question, for my own curiousity... how are they about losing/keeping signal. My next computer, whenever I decide to get one, will hopefully be wireless. The whole losing signal thing irritates me... dont ask why, it just does.
03.gif

My VT Pro sometimes looses the pressure signal, not often, but it does once in a while. I've never had a problem with my Smart tec loosing signal.

msarb45:
I am looking at either the Aeris Atmos Elite or the Oceanic VT Pro.

They're the same computer and transmitter. There are small differences in how the display is laid out. I've got an Atmos Elite, because I slightly preferred their data layout but I wouldn't have paid more for it.

Go to the Aeris and Oceanic websites and download the demos and manuals. You'll notices the differences are quite tiny, indeed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom