Wish list for UWatec Sol/Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bungie mount

Can't like this enough. Hearing horror stories of loosing the computer because of a busted strap is making me want to make my own strap system. I thought I had a lead on a maker, but like many are finding, there is no work ethic in this country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A bungee mount is a great idea. Likewise, I have read posts about lost units due to broken straps. I refuse to be the author of such a post. It's easy enough to add a safety leash to the Luna. Here is what I have installed. It's long enough to go over my Si-Tech Glove Lock QCP lock rings.

IMAG0725.jpg

A bungee mount is a great idea. Likewise, I have read posts about lost units due to broken straps. I refuse to be the author of such a post. It's easy enough to add a safety leash to the Luna. Here is what I have installed. It's long enough to go over my Si-Tech Glove Lock QCP lock rings.

View attachment 146319

SP will never put a bungie mount on a 1000.00 computer. I heard it straight from the SP rep.

SP will never put a bungie mount on a 1000.00 computer. I heard it straight from the SP rep.

WTF is up with that? They too high brow for their gear to be mounted on a bungee?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

i hope DSS will make one some day.

Right now the lubber line of the compass is assumed pointing forward with the elbow bent at right angle. I would like to be able to set the angle of the lubber line to be settable in the settings, so I can have it pointing forward with elbow at a more comfortable partially bent angle. I've done this with my analog compass by rotating it on my wrist, but with the Sol it's impossible because of the way it wraps around the wrist.

Great idea. Please do it.

One of the first things I did with my Luna is put it in silent mode. I found that it beeps a ridiculous amount and you can't do anything about it.

I made my own bungee mount after nearly losing my Luna due to the strap tearing in half while I was on a dive boat about ready to jump in. Anyway, it's workout out great, and I have no desire to put the new strap that I have on it as the bungees are 10000x better. It works with my drysuit and wetsuits, and allows me to put the Luna further up my arm (closer to my elbow) - with the strap it either wouldn't stay there or I had to make it way too tight.

I cut the straps off and trimmed them to where there was enough left for the pin to go through and be solid. Next I cut what was left of the strap a little shorter across to make a channel for the bungees to sit in. Run the bungees as pictured. My advice is to cut a little at a time, you know, measure twice & cut once..hope this helps. I've got nearly 300 dives with my home-made bungees, which is a lot longer than the OEM strap lasted!

Of course this is not official advice and I am not a rep or employee of ScubaPro :coffee:

Attachments

• IMG_0960 - sm.jpg
    IMG_0960 - sm.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_0962 - sm.jpg
    IMG_0962 - sm.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 347
One of the first things I did with my Luna is put it in silent mode. I found that it beeps a ridiculous amount and you can't do anything about it.

I made my own bungee mount after nearly losing my Luna due to the strap tearing in half while I was on a dive boat about ready to jump in. Anyway, it's workout out great, and I have no desire to put the new strap that I have on it as the bungees are 10000x better. It works with my drysuit and wetsuits, and allows me to put the Luna further up my arm (closer to my elbow) - with the strap it either wouldn't stay there or I had to make it way too tight.

I cut the straps off and trimmed them to where there was enough left for the pin to go through and be solid. Next I cut what was left of the strap a little shorter across to make a channel for the bungees to sit in. Run the bungees as pictured. My advice is to cut a little at a time, you know, measure twice & cut once..hope this helps. I've got nearly 300 dives with my home-made bungees, which is a lot longer than the OEM strap lasted!

Of course this is not official advice and I am not a rep or employee of ScubaPro :coffee:

I did the same, except instead of using stubs from the strap I used automotive tubing, and instead of knots I used cord locks so I can adjust the tension. But there is no excuse that we should have to improvise a bungee mount, when many such as Liquivision come with it.

Good ideas!

My method of adjusting tension is a simple overhand knot. My bungees are knotted, burned, and have tiny zip-ties to secure the free ends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom