Wish list for UWatec Sol/Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thinking that might be fairly power intensive, so would come at the cost of battery life.

Heck while we are on it. How about a vibration as an alarm option? Of course I want something I can down load and put on my current luna. I like the lubber line idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did the same, except instead of using stubs from the strap I used automotive tubing, and instead of knots I used cord locks so I can adjust the tension. But there is no excuse that we should have to improvise a bungee mount, when many such as Liquivision come with it.

Heck, it's an opportunity for scubapro to sell some extra accessories, too!

Heck while we are on it. How about a vibration as an alarm option?

I'd definitely vote for "vibration." I can't hear my Galileo half the time.

flots.

---------- Post added March 15th, 2013 at 09:38 AM ----------

Sac rate in the log.

It's in SmartTrak. You just have to give it your tank size.

Yeah I know its in smart track but why not on the computer itself in the wall of other information?

Yeah I know its in smart track but why not on the computer itself in the wall of other information?

The computer does know your current usage in PSI and uses it to calculate your RBT.

It can't know your RMV in CuFt/Minute because it doesn't know how big your tank is. If you were willing to put your tank size in, it wouldn't be hard for it to calculate if Urwatec updated the firmware.

flots

Last edited:
Some great ideas here. I really hope that Scubapro is listening. A bungee mount would be great....and Smarttrak for MAC!!!!! Been waiting a long time to see if that one will ever come to fruition.

How about independent doubles mode. reminder or auto with one button acknowledge every 500psi for tank change. with this it should be able to calculate true RBT for both tanks. Maybe auto tank change according to psi drop on transmitter.

A wireless remote that will turn off the frickin alarms and can be given to the diver's buddy/ies for use at any time during the dive.
User removable speakers would be a great alternative to the wireless remote.:wink:

More seriously, the twin independent option mentioned earlier would be practical and give Scubapro the chance to sell 2 transmitters with each unit so its win-win for users and retailers. Additional potential failure point acknowledged.

I am thinking about getting a Luna, from what I have seen, my "wish list" is pretty short:

1. Bungie mount. This is essential and the strap will be chopped off the day I get it. Why does SP think bungie is low-brow when it is absolutely the best, not only easiest to don and doff, but also self-comensating for depth and useable over a wide variety of suits?

2. The new "reverse lighting" feature that they implemented on the Meridian, for dark or night diving. That is really a nice improvement.

3. The "acknowledge" feature to silence an alarm is really a great idea.

4. Mac compatibility. Given the wide use of Mac laptops and Ipads and Iphones, there is no excuse to be Windows only.

5. For me, a vibrating alarm is not so useful especially if it sacrifices battery life, one of these computers' really strong points.

6. The adjustable lubber line sounds like a good idea.

Hopefully all of these could be implemented via firmware with no need to buy the computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom