For Sale Withdrawn

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am amazed of the "newer must be better/old stuff is junk" mentality for scuba regulators. There has been little to no significant improvement in open circuit regulators for decades. There is a reason I dive my double hoses frequently.

And to add, with the European CE certifications that manufactures seek for their regs now, the newer regs don't breathe as well as many of the older ones. Case in point, my old G200 out breathes my new G260.

I wouldn't say my G250s breathe better than my G260s but certainly on par. Most of my G250s cost less than $40, my G260s did not..I ended up selling my G260s and used the money to buy more G250s.

I'll add my voice here too. I've had mk5/mk10 first stages happy in 34° waters. I'm not an authority on cold water regs by any means but those have served me well.

If I hadn't caught the D series bug I'd be in the market to buy them.

Regards,
Cameron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom