Wolf Eels at Willis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BMW

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last year I saw a wolf eel pair at Willis just below the bathtub. A buddy and I went looking for them last night - found the bathtub ok but did not find them. Anyone have a good way to spot them relative to the tub? Anyone seen them lately? Thanks!

Last year I saw a wolf eel pair at Willis just below the bathtub. A buddy and I went looking for them last night - found the bathtub ok but did not find them. Anyone have a good way to spot them relative to the tub? Anyone seen them lately? Thanks!

I did a dive there at the end of January, I saw only one wolf eel during that dive. For the past 6 years there one or two wolf eels at that location. You can find the wolf eel past the bathtub and the large rocks just before the start of the deep wall at about 140-150ft. On the deep side of the rock on your right there is a pile of smaller rocks where you will hopefully find it.

Cheers

Al

I did a dive there at the end of January, I saw only one wolf eel during that dive. For the past 6 years there one or two wolf eels at that location. You can find the wolf eel past the bathtub and the large rocks just before the start of the deep wall at about 140-150ft. On the deep side of the rock on your right there is a pile of smaller rocks where you will hopefully find it.

Cheers

Al

Thanks Al - I think we went down-left after the tub instead of down-right. Funny how easy it is to miss the den even though we were so close.

Thanks Al - I think we went down-left after the tub instead of down-right. Funny how easy it is to miss the den even though we were so close.

As you going down pass the tub continue your descent to the right of the rocks then turn left and you should see the wolf eel to the left of the big rock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom