Wolf eels Tyee Cove?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cc87

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all, I'm coming over from Vancouver and I'm planning on doing a dive at Tyee Cove this weekend. I heard there are some wolf eels there. We never see wolf eels in Vancouver unless we're boat diving, so i'd love to see some this weekend! I was just wondering if anybody would be able to point me in the right direction as I've never dove there before. Which dive is better, right or left?

(you can pm me if you're going to give directions to wolf eels)

Thx!

Never seen wolfies there but almost guaranteed at madrona point, regularly see a few octopi and wolfies....

I can give you directions to both sites if you like, if your doing 2 dives I'd do them at madrona.

That'd be great if you could give me some directions to both sites. I'm actually bringing a small group up to Campbell River for a dive trip, and wanted to get in an easy shore dive before we head up there, just to make sure everyone's buoyancy and skills are up to par. I've read good things about Madrona, but not having dove there before I feel like finding the wall might be a hit or miss, and from what I've read, Tyee seemed a little bit easier, but I'd be open to suggestions.

Last time I went, I saw a couple. If you go to the right, probably around 60-80 feet in depth, and just look in every crevice, you should be able to find at least one of them.

Also, I always see wolf eels at Madrona too. Just set a bearing to the wall (can't remember off the top of my head) and then go right and you'll probably find them around 60-80ft in depth too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom