Woman dies after scuba diving off Boynton Inlet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Article from link posted in prior post:
By Ariel Barkhurst, Sun Sentinel

5:51 p.m. EDT, September 4, 2011
BOYNTON BEACH—

A 58-year-old woman who was scuba diving from a private boat died Sunday.

Deputies responded to a call about a distressed diver about 10:30 a.m., the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office said. They took the woman to Bethesda Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

The woman was diving off a private boat outside the Boynton Inlet. The cause of death has not been determined. No other information was available on Sunday.

By the way, I am not posting this to deprive the Sun-Sentinel of clicks. In fact, while an article of this sort is still "live," I find that one can often find interesting/local information in the "comments" section, and/or photos in the article. It's just that these links go dead sooner or later and that can render an A & I thread somewhat meaningless for future readers.

Deadly Scuba Diving Incident Off Boynton Beach « CBS Miami

Sad to hear:

Deadly Scuba Diving Incident Off Boynton Beach
September 4, 2011 1:53 PM

BOYNTON BEACH (CBS4) – An early morning scuba dive turned deadly for a woman off Boynton Beach.

According to the Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office, fire rescue personnel assisted the Coast Guard when an emergency call went out for a diver in distress around 10:30 a.m.

The 58-year old woman, who had been diving off a private boat outside the Boynton Inlet, was rushed to Bethesda Hospital Boynton Beach were she was pronounced dead. The sheriff’s office has not released the woman’s name.

The cause of death is unknown at this time pending the medical examiner’s report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom