wont fill my tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you are all correct it was OC and the given reason was that it did not have the visual plus. However, it struck me as odd because the question was posed as "who did my VIP?" not, "has your tank had a VIP plus". Then the employee behind the counter went out and unhooked my tank from the fill station. Even though the employee at the fill station didn't think it was an issue. Any way they lost a customer and i will try to take as many others as I can from them.

This goes with the entire thing about me walking in and them quoting me $100 to O2 clean a brand new Al 80....those guys (imho anyways) are a joke.

My favorite is when I went in to have my doubles(that I just finished O2 cleaning) filled with O2 compatible air... I didn't want to drive all the way to IDH. I was told that they couldn't do it because the tanks would no longer be O2 clean... WHAT?!?

Then I asked for EAN21... that REALLY confused them!

I went in to get some plugs for my prehistoric regulator and I thought the lady behind the counter thought I was crazy.

Smitty,
Question, where did your VIP come from that they did not like? AND are you who I think you are?

My vip was from Island Divers on Hickam. I'm not sure who you think I am, but I dive pretty regularly with John and Manny ( both Sea Lancers). Plan on joining soon myself.

I was walking through the NEX one night and actually caught the guy that works there telling these two newer divers (turns out they were recently off the ship) that the best way to improve their air consumption was; (this is all verbatim)

1. buy split fins us
2. buy a high performance regulator from us (the APEX they had just bought from IDH was crap)
3. buy a dive computer us

I caught up with them when they were done only to find they were left totally confused by this moron. I passed on to them some more realistic ways to improve their air consumption (versus the $$$, $$$ and more $$$ approach) and even took them out diving to some of the local spots while they were on island. It just chaps me how these people take advantage of people so blatantly.

Seems to me like the only reason they even survive is they have sort of a hostage customer base. When ships come in the sailors don't always have a lot of time to hunt over the whole island if they want to get certified and/or do some diving. They only have one location that is off a military installation and that is more a check-in station for charters than anything.

If they had to survive purely on the local economy, and didn't have that controlled access to a "captive" customer base and without the benifits of having a nice little contract with the military then I feel sure that they would crumple, wither and leave all of our misery by the local dive population voting them out of existence with their money.

rockjock3:
Seems to me like the only reason they even survive is they have sort of a hostage customer base. When ships come in the sailors don't always have a lot of time to hunt over the whole island if they want to get certified and/or do some diving. They only have one location that is off a military installation and that is more a check-in station for charters than anything.

If they had to survive purely on the local economy, and didn't have that controlled access to a "captive" customer base and without the benifits of having a nice little contract with the military then I feel sure that they would crumple, wither and leave all of our misery by the local dive population voting them out of existence with their money.
Amen...

The part I'm worrying about the most is when Hickam and Pearl combine... who's gonna have the contract?

I guess it wouldn't be so bad if the head guy there wasn't showing off his new Land Rover every chance he had.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom