Woo Hoo!!!!!!!! I'm done!!!!!! Warning: long but proud of myself so I gotta tell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations. I think everyone shares in your enthusiasm. It is a miserable week that goes by if I don't get to dive. Oh yes, welcome to the board. :)

Congrats Brian, on both accounts!

I started diving when I was in the best shape of my life, then got away from it for awhile when day-to-day reality got in the way of my fun. Now, years later, I'm getting back into shape and back into the things I enoyed - like diving.

I wish you lots of luck in losing weight and hope that diving encourages you to get in shape and stay that way. You'll be amazed at how being active will keep the weight off!

Thanks for all the kind word from all of you.

Many areas of my life are taking on new meaning. Lifestyle changes meant for my own enjoyment, decreassed stress (body and soul) and a whole new world to explore. You see as a professional educator and the corrdinator of a nationally recgonized program I had to find a way to vent the day to day frustrations of the job. Many of you will be jealous of the time release (summer vacation) that we as educators recieve but believe me, if you are truly effective in your job of teaching you need the break. When I first started in this profession I could deco and be ready to go back to work in a couple of weeks, as the years and responsibilities of the job increase I find myself dreading the return to the job and as my program evolves it appears more and more that the job never ends, just shifts gears for a few weeks. Elmo commented to Dagwood in the comic strip Blondie the other day "I feel like my parole has been revoked", sometimes I feel that this may be closer to the truth than any of us would like to realize. My fellow educators can understand this

Hopefully one day I can meet up with you one and all and enjoy our common bond, till then my goal is to help my buddy (and lady) through her OW certification so we may continue to evolve and grow. But for now I hold in my future many fine adventures and hours of untold wide eyed amazement that will not dimish. I have one of the finest rewards available to me, my daughter and her husband live in Florida (Emerald Coast) and Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break and vacation just took on a whole new meaning. Woo Hoo, get out of the way, the pool is open!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom