WOO HOO, TG7 announced!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I worked for a company years ago that sold items that scubadivers would want-- if they made it waterproof. The items were sold/marketed to other outdoor enthuesists whos outdoor activities would be considered extreme, like how some think Scuba diving is.
I pushed and pushed for an underwater canister for the product, did a lot of research and the numbers came back that scuba divers are too niche of a market. The numbers just aren't there. All that R&D for such a small number is simply not worth it.

TG-7 is already getting some bad press

It seems that many cameras are getting bad press in this article :)

Nothing new in the article that we didn't know already. I view the tg-7 as an incremental update to the 6 (primarily the USB connector and LCD screen). The price increase is worth these "fixes." Yes, it isn't what I/we expected but I'd buy the 7 not the 6 since I consider these fixes to be worth it. (that is if I decide that the TG is the proper platform for the second camera I need)

It seems that many cameras are getting bad press in this article :)

Nothing new in the article that we didn't know already. I view the tg-7 as an incremental update to the 6 (primarily the USB connector and LCD screen). The price increase is worth these "fixes." Yes, it isn't what I/we expected but I'd buy the 7 not the 6 since I consider these fixes to be worth it. (that is if I decide that the TG is the proper platform for the second camera I need)

That's the thing, the TG7 may be a disappointment, but no one (I think) is saying it's worse that the TG6.

I have been reading reviews for the TG-7 from "expert" land based photographers who indicate that there are new features in the TG-7 for the land photographer that are very useful but aren't of relavence to us underwater. So, the TG-7 may not be great news for the people who already own the TG-6, it is good news for the landlubbers. One such review that outlines these useful features:

She said: " I am very curious to try the construction mode for nature photography and I like the new video/timelapse features as well as pro capture. "

I have been reading reviews for the TG-7 from "expert" land based photographers who indicate that there are new features in the TG-7 for the land photographer that are very useful but aren't of relavence to us underwater. So, the TG-7 may not be great news for the people who already own the TG-6, it is good news for the landlubbers. One such review that outlines these useful features:

She said: " I am very curious to try the construction mode for nature photography and I like the new video/timelapse features as well as pro capture. "

And why would an above water photographer need a waterproof camera?

Rain, snow for starters..
I take my TG-6 kayaking sans housing.. and often will toss it in my purse or backpack when traveling. No worries if there's a photo to be shot and moisture around. Heck, even around the house shooting flowers in the early morning with dew...

And why would an above water photographer need a waterproof camera?

Huh? Boating, sailing, water skiing, snow skiing, rain, snow, humidity, condensation, hiking, kayaking, fishing, going to the beach, pool parties, playing in the sprinkler, outdoors photography, accidental submersion. And the tough series are not just water proof but also shock proof so that leads to climbing, jumping, cycling, motorcycles, crashing, falling, dropping, bouncing, hunting, camping.

Oh, and scuba diving.

A "construction" mode was added to the TG7, anyone knows what this is all about exactly? In a YT video I just watched it was said that it "removes dust/sand particles" when in construction locations (or something to this effect). This may be interesting for back-scatter, anyone knows anything about this?

Huh? Boating, sailing, water skiing, snow skiing, rain, snow, humidity, condensation, hiking, kayaking, fishing, going to the beach, pool parties, playing in the sprinkler, outdoors photography, accidental submersion. And the tough series are not just water proof but also shock proof so that leads to climbing, jumping, cycling, motorcycles, crashing, falling, dropping, bouncing, hunting, camping.

Oh, and scuba diving.
Thanks. You said it better than me.

Back
Top Bottom