Woo Hooo Lets hear it forScuba.com & Pyrostretch!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAJENNIFER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After 2 failed attempts at finding a 7mm wetsuit that fit and would not make me feel like the Stay Puff Marshmallow man. I made a desperate call on Sunday to Scuba.com to see what they had available. I told the gentleman that I was looking for something stretchy, but didn't want to spend the cash on the Henderson Hyperstretch. So he suggested the XS Scuba Pyrostretch, and went so far as to say that they are both made in the same factory and are the same thing. I was skeptical, but I chose to believe him and ordered the suit.

HE WAS RIGHT!!! :jump:

Suit arrived today, I pulled it out of the box and pulled it right on!! No huffing, puffing, cussing or sore fingers!
THANK YOU SCUBA.COM!!!

jennifer, sweetie... you should know by now that no thread is useful without photos!! :D

intersted in knowning how you go in So Cal with this... im thinking a new wetsuit is needed for me and i need all the stretch i can get!

let us know

almitywife:
jennifer, sweetie... you should know by now that no thread is useful without photos!! :D

intersted in knowning how you go in So Cal with this... im thinking a new wetsuit is needed for me and i need all the stretch i can get!

let us know

Bwa ha ha!! I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures from SoCal!

But for now, I'll post this :D

049171_big.jpg

P.S. I hate the color, I would have preferred all black...but I can live with it for $150 less than a Hyperstretch

ScubaJen--thanks for the info:14:

You described exactly what I do everytime I put on my 6.5 mm. Granted, it is an older wetsuit (and it does keep me warm), but what a pain. Sometimes I'd almost rather be cold with a thinner suit than wrestle with it!

Cheers!

Kevin:14:

so Jen, hows the suit and whats the weight of the thing and what are the seals like around the neck & wrist?????

ive decided my 5mm is way to heavy when comparing it with the new stretchy ones

still need photos btw :)

I just wanted to comment that thanks to Jenn's recommendation I ordered one of these suits last week. It arrived last Friday and new out of the box it was a bit difficult to get on. I'd already purchased a Henderson Hyperstretch 7/5 that went on super easy so that's what I was comparing it to, but hubby needed a suit so I sold him the Henderson and bought new for myself. I will say though that I ordered this suit in a size smaller than the hyperstretch (for my ego) so it fits a little closer than the Henderson (and I think it's a better fit in the end). It's also a full 7mm suit vs the 7/5 of the Henderson so it's a little heavier and stiffer.

This suit differs from the Henderson in that it has seals around the wrists, ankles and neck. I'm guessing that's what you would call the rubbery stuff on the inside of the suit at those points, which the Henderson did NOT have. This rubbery stuff makes it a royal PIA getting them over feet and hands, but I'm guessing is beneficial in keeping water out. After first trying it on I'd thought I'd made a huge mistake, but I sat around in it for a while trying to stretch it out, and when I hung it up I used the hanger to stretch out the neck a little, and the soup can trick to stretch out the wrist seals. When I tried it on before my dives this week, I also wore a skin underneath and all things combined the suit went on no problem It was super comfortable, very stretchy, fit fine and was pretty warm. It was a little hard getting it off over my feet and I needed hubby to grab hold and pull to get it off but I imagine that will get easier the more I use it.

All in all I will say that the material is indeed just like the Henderson as far as stretch goes, and it seems a little better quality since it has the seals the Henderson didn't, although that may not be a fair comparison as the full 7mm Henderson may also have the seals, I don't know. It was a steal compared to the cost of the Henderson though so for anyone looking for a good suit at a reasonable price I'd highly recommend it. I obviously can't speak to it's durability since it's new, but it seems well made to me. Thanks for posting about this Jenn!!

Congrats Sue!! I took this suit to SoCal and did 22 dives with it...the first few days it was a definite challenge to get on and off, but very comfortable and warm after it was on. It got easier to get on and off as the week went on. The seals REALLY kept out the water, I was impressed. A friend of mine suggested a little soapy water on the seals and it worked like a dream. Slides right on. We just kept a little squirt bottle around with baby shampoo and water in it. I'm very glad that I bought this suit too and I'm happy to let everyone know!

Have to try that! Love Henderson but hate the price.
Mine is looking a little sad and worn.

catherine96821:
Have to try that! Love Henderson but hate the price.
Mine is looking a little sad and worn.

Scuba.com has the 3mm Henderson for $275 and the 3mm XScuba for $140...You could almost buy 2 for that price!

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Suit arrived today, I pulled it out of the box and pulled it right on!! No huffing, puffing, cussing or sore fingers!
THANK YOU SCUBA.COM!!!

Henderson IMO is WAY overpriced. I've tried a few suits, BARE, Tilos, O'Neill, Mares and Henderson. I do not think any of the non Henderson brandnames were even half the cost of the Henderson, and so far I have found very little difference in quality. In fact IMO the Bare suits seem to be better, and much more durable when you get velcro next to them. The Hendersons Fray!

Back
Top Bottom