Unknown Woody From “Dive Talk” DCS and Medical Journey

This Thread Prefix is for incidents when the cause is not known.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UPDATED (see also update & transcript excerpt below)

Their silence isn't only in relation to the DAN issues. They posted their long video about the dive on 12/31/23. They mentioned not only upcoming discussions with DAN, but also promised a "Parf 2" on DT. "More to come…" was the idea.

Unless I've missed something (please tell me if I did) – this "Part 2" would have been expected in a few weeks – not just "DAN-makes-a-statement-and-that's-the end-of-it."

I would call myself a DT fan in the past, so this gives me no pleasure. But the way they've handled this within their channel – looks a bit shady. A piece of the puzzle is still missing.

I think they're better off to fulfill the commitment to share more info. My opinion of them has (unfortunately) already taken a hit.

all associated internet click baiting shenanigans, self aggrandizement, and chest thumping aside.
Not sure how or why you made such a giant leap to post the above about my question.

Wasn’t meant as any of that. It was DT that stated they would have a detailed follow up and release the transcripts. Was just wondering why they haven’t followed through on it, or if they still extend too. Would be interested to see if the transcripts might give insight into how this DCS event, and/or future DCS might be better handled, if possible, from the insured side of things.

Not sure how or why you made such a giant leap to post the above about my question.

Wasn’t meant as any of that. It was DT that stated they would have a detailed follow up and release the transcripts. Was just wondering why they haven’t followed through on it, or if they still extend too. Would be interested to see if the transcripts might give insight into how this DCS event, and/or future DCS might be better handled, if possible, from the insured side of things.
Sorry if that read as a comment on your question. I was merely attempting (albeit poorly) to make a snide point in the difference between how the two main parties involved in this have reacted.

I went back to the DT channel to check exactly what they said. The chronology was a bit different from what I'd remembered earlier & I went harder on them than I should have. But… what we really are still missing – is their "Part 2" update, which is significant. Here's the end of the YouTube transcript for their long video from 12/31/23:

DT.jpg

"…and again, wait for part 2"

I went back to the DT channel to check exactly what they said. The chronology was a bit different from what I'd remembered earlier & I went harder on them than I should have. But… what we really are still missing – is their "Part 2" update, which is significant. Here's the end of the YouTube transcript for their long video from 12/31/23:

View attachment 831667

"…and again, wait for part 2"
I'm pretty sure they mentioned the follow up in one of their recent videos. It's coming but not yet ready.

Sorry if that read as a comment on your question. I was merely attempting (albeit poorly) to make a snide point in the difference between how the two main parties involved in this have reacted.
Got it.....no worries.

Back
Top Bottom