WooHoo I can post!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

smilies-41093.png

Glad to have you here Tex...!

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: and be careful about posting Threads & Replies without reading the Stickies at the tops of most forums. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Thanks for the great welcomes!! It really means a lot to me to get such a welcome! Wish I had some great dive stories but I really don't right now other than a bunch of very limited vis :p

kalidor's8 wrote:

Thanks for the great welcomes!! It really means a lot to me to get such a welcome! Wish I had some great dive stories but I really don't right now other than a bunch of very limited vis :p

Nice to have you here!

Go ahead and share a dive story or two! Almost every dive offers something of interest, right?

Dave C

Ok I have one from this weekend. I was taking my AOD underwater nav course in Travis Lake located outside Austin. The day started ok with about 6ft vis. We did our deep dive first with no problems but when it came time to do the nav portion the wind had picked up and mixed with boat traffic we were getting 3-4ft waves and vis went to about 2ft. I was teamed up with a partner I had never dove with and the line we were to follow was accidently put under a wreck so we were told to leave the line and pick it up on the other side of the wreck. We went down to the wreck fine but as soon as we left the line I lost all sight of my buddy since she just jetted off, so i figured ok no problem I will meet back up with her on the other side of the wreck. Well I lost sight of the wreck as well so backtracked for about a minute or so and surfaced. I was of course hauling the float so the instructor could see our progress but when I surfaced she was already halfway back to shore and of course I got chewed out for leaving my partner. She did not go back in the water anymore that day or the next day either and yet I am the only one out of the group that has to redo my course since conditions were so unfavorable.
Well that is my story of woah lol I am hoping my next go at it will be better.

kalidor's8:
Ok I have one from this weekend. I was taking my AOD underwater nav course in Travis Lake located outside Austin. The day started ok with about 6ft vis. We did our deep dive first with no problems but when it came time to do the nav portion the wind had picked up and mixed with boat traffic we were getting 3-4ft waves and vis went to about 2ft. I was teamed up with a partner I had never dove with and the line we were to follow was accidently put under a wreck so we were told to leave the line and pick it up on the other side of the wreck. We went down to the wreck fine but as soon as we left the line I lost all sight of my buddy since she just jetted off, so i figured ok no problem I will meet back up with her on the other side of the wreck. Well I lost sight of the wreck as well so backtracked for about a minute or so and surfaced. I was of course hauling the float so the instructor could see our progress but when I surfaced she was already halfway back to shore and of course I got chewed out for leaving my partner. She did not go back in the water anymore that day or the next day either and yet I am the only one out of the group that has to redo my course since conditions were so unfavorable.
Well that is my story of woah lol I am hoping my next go at it will be better.
That sounds sucky. You could post this as a new thread story on New Divers, but mostly you blow it off and dive again. Keep it fun...!

yeah that is what I was planning on doing love it too much to let a little thing like that get me down for long :p

Welcome to Scubaboard. It is good to have you with us. There and a ton of divers in this forum. I have had the pleasure of meeting many of them and diving together. Many of the divers are from your general area. Enjoy.

Well I don't know how stimulating we are..........but we are good at conversations!

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom