Woooohooooooo I'm certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_luv

Registered
Reaction score
Well, technically this isn't my first post to this board, but now I am a real diver! I just finished my final PADI cert dive today!!!
We went to Starnes Island in Lake Travis near Austin, Texas. A wall dive. Saw about three fish and the elusive bottom feeding Budwiser can (retrieved for disposal).
A 35 minute dive, deepest part at 60 feet. Didn't use too much air, no problems with bouyancy. Didn't lose my hubby or the instructor in the ~10 ft visibility (and BTW, he's certified now too).
Not even any difficulty clearing my ears, and unlike last Sunday there were no thunderstorms with lightening threatening. It was, all in all, a beautiful day.

Howdy Luv!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

I'll be in San Marcos next weekend, diving Aquareena Springs. You want to...?

don

DandyDon:
Howdy Luv!

I'll be in San Marcos next weekend, diving Aquareena Springs. You want to...?

don

I would love to do that someday, but next weekend we're in Dallas. We're sadly booked pretty solidly through August - I hate planning ahead for stuff, but right now we have so many things to get done that pretty much every weekend is taken up.
I'm going to look for a Texas Swamp divers get together sometime in Sept or Oct that me and hubby can do.
Thanks for the welcome!

Great to hear you're certified! (And your hubby, too!)

Hopefully, you'll be able to plan ahead for some diving!

-Rob

scuba_luv:
Well, technically this isn't my first post to this board, but now I am a real diver! I just finished my final PADI cert dive today!!!
We went to Starnes Island in Lake Travis near Austin, Texas. A wall dive. Saw about three fish and the elusive bottom feeding Budwiser can (retrieved for disposal).
A 35 minute dive, deepest part at 60 feet. Didn't use too much air, no problems with bouyancy. Didn't lose my hubby or the instructor in the ~10 ft visibility (and BTW, he's certified now too).
Not even any difficulty clearing my ears, and unlike last Sunday there were no thunderstorms with lightening threatening. It was, all in all, a beautiful day.
congratulations to you and happy diving!!

Congrats to you and your hubby.

scuba_luv:

Terrell has the best biting fish.....and the vis is about 20-30 feet. Welcome :wink:

Welcome!!~ Poke around, do a search- you will be suprised at the wealth of info available.

This board is THE authority when it comes to info and being able to ask/answer questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom