working as a dm for six weeks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lord.harshil

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Wow!

I don't mean to hijack this thread or anything, just looking for a quick word on the situation in Australia. :)

I'm a DM and I'm going to UK for university in october and I have 6 weeks of holidays starting 1st week of dec. Do you think its possible to work in Australia for 6 weeks as a DM? Whats the scene like?

Wow!

I don't mean to hijack this thread or anything, just looking for a quick word on the situation in Australia. :)

I'm a DM and I'm going to UK for university in october and I have 6 weeks of holidays starting 1st week of dec. Do you think its possible to work in Australia for 6 weeks as a DM? Whats the scene like?

If you are talking about volunteer work you have a better chance. Most dive ops groom their own DM's and then there is the issue of work visas :idk: Diving that time of year is great here. I would suggest you check online for dive ops and contact them directly. Enjoy your trip over here

I think it would depend where in Australia you are looking to work too. Not sure how you'd go in Melbourne but perhaps in QLD you might have a better shot? But yea, give a few places around where you are looking to travel a call. :)

I think there are a lot of DM's who would like to work in Queensland so the competition is likely to be pretty significant for any openings just my .02 worth probably not worth much more than that either!

I live and work in Cairns and its almost impossible for a DM to get wok here. Workplace Health and Safety stuff it up, as they are very restrictive as to what a DM can do. eg PADI say you can take intro divers on 2nd dive but Qld says no. So Instructors do all teh DM jobs.
You can get work as a photographer quite easily and get paid.
Best bet is to look on this forum or teh PADI Pros web site.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Discount dive travel to the Barrier Reef and Coral Sea - live aboard and day trips.

Cairns Discount Scuba Diving Trips - Great Barrier Reef

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom