worth buying Iphone Ipix UW case?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was looking at getting an Iphone 4S UW case (Ipix) for taking some video seperate from my OMD camera. they are about $100. Is it worth it? Anyone used one? thanks.

I have seen what they are capable of producing and it's pretty good video and photos. The cases come for iPhone 4 and 5. I think it is great for vacationers who want an underwater camera for their trip. I am friends with the owner of my local dive shop and plenty of people come in looking for an u/w camera. Most have iPhones so it's a good solution. Easy to learn how to use them and great phone protection for those who are on the water a lot. You would have to decide if you want one or not. I am happy using my camera.

The iPix 5 phone case now also comes in a version for the Samsung Galaxy S2 as well. They are better built than the v4 case and there are red filters, floats and a very nice w/a lens available.

I think the video is quite good and if you're just snorkeling the photos aren't bad, especially if you use the red filter. But you cannot sync it with an external flash for stills.

Anyone ever tried iphone 5 underwater using this ipix? Any review about the ipix and the quality of iphone image/video?

Hey could someone point me to one of the ipix cases for the s3? I can't seem to find one. I like you can use filters, I haven't seen anything about the seashell using filters yet. Tia.

Mitch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom