Worth replacing fin straps on fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a couple of those, don't see how it's anything like a spring strap. Just an emergency replacement for a rubber strap.

First, the OP wasn't inquiring about spring straps, but "retrofitted straps" oer "cheaper replacement straps."

Secondly, the Manta Ray strap isn't just and "emergency replacement." It's a fully functional strap, and once in place, is pulled on or off exactly like a spring strap.

Here's a Manta Ray universal fin strap. Works like a spring strap.

I have a couple of those, don't see how it's anything like a spring strap. Just an emergency replacement for a rubber strap.

First, the OP wasn't inquiring about spring straps, but "retrofitted straps" oer "cheaper replacement straps."

Secondly, the Manta Ray strap isn't just and "emergency replacement." It's a fully functional strap, and once in place, is pulled on or off exactly like a spring strap.
What the hell were you thinking Damsel? He didn't say it was, "like a spring strap," he said it, "works like a spring strap." Come on, pay attention!:shakehead:

jeez, chill. I'm not commenting on something I don't have. Works like, is like, whatever - sematics - I know what he said. I don't see it as similar in any way, that's my opinion which is my opinion. At the time I bought them, as I recall they were being marketed more that way. I don't consider the way it attaches secure enough for anything more than that. If you like em, use em.

Sorry, that was a joke, Damselfish. Apparently not a very good one.

Last edited:
I have a pair of Scubapro Kinetix fins and just noticed that the straps are perished. The replacement straps are quite expensive ($80). Does anyone know whether there is such a thing as retro-fitted straps suitable for Kinetix? Or even cheaper replacement straps?

You can either make your own, or order some spring ($2 a foot) from Mcmaster Karr and make your own, or you can just go back to a regular strap. Personally, I love my spring straps, and would NEVER go back to regular rubber straps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom