Worthington Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On behalf of XS Scuba and Worthington, we would like to address the post about the closure of the factory in Tilbury, Canada. A decision has been made by Worthington to close that location due to diminished sales for industrial cylinders. The scuba portion of their business was doing fine, but the overhead of that facility can not be supported by scuba cylinders alone. Worthington is currently completing cylinders for XS Scuba and Sea Pearls for 2014 requirements. Once that is done, the facility will be closed and scuba cylinders will no longer be produced there.

Currently, Worthington is working to produce scuba cylinders in a different location. As XS Scuba, we fully plan to remain the leading supplier of steel and aluminum scuba cylinders in the US and globally. At this point, we do not have more details to offer, but know that we are not going out of the steel scuba cylinder business.

Bumping the thread. I'm surprised this hasn't had more viz here on SB - not that the sky is falling or anything. Still, I only have Worthingtons (and catalinas) and I love them. Anyone else interested in this news?

Bumping the thread. I'm surprised this hasn't had more viz here on SB - not that the sky is falling or anything. Still, I only have Worthingtons (and catalinas) and I love them. Anyone else interested in this news?

It sounds like for the scuba cylinder side of things there isn't any news. Maybe a slight shortage while they get cranked up at a new plant.

Maybe a slight shortage while they get cranked up at a new plant.

and to think, prices for them are bad enough up here already.... can't imagine if there was a "diminished availability"....:shakehead:

Not really any news. They seem to simply be moving production elsewhere.

And is so easy to do that this day and age......

I'm no expert on this company, but what I understand is that their only other mfg plant is in Canada, not the US. That to me spells $+ on the tanks, that are already the highest price steels as far as I know. The current price is already $60 higher than last year....doesn't seem sustainable to me, but I guess we'll see.

Chinese tanks anyone?

Chinese tanks anyone?

You mean Japanese. Asahi spun HP steel tanks. But their buoyancy characteristics are a bit different than Worthingtons.

Please pardon any typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished tumbling a 119 X8 Worthington tank this week. It is so sweet to see the great build qualities of their tanks. This tank was born in 2003, just back from hydro and used O2 clean air, it was immaculate inside. Not quite as clean as my 2010 119HP but very nice. No comparison to the some of the other steel tanks at the shop, that have more flash rust issues. The Worthingtons make a great tank for shops that use partial pressure nitrox blending since they are so clean inside.

Thanks for a great product.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom