Would A 14 years old use drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

namelz52

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My brother was 14 years old,He loved diving very much,he wants to wear a drysuits in the cold water,so he asked me could he use drysuits for the cold water?

namelz52:
My brother was 14 years old,He loved diving very much,he wants to wear a drysuits in the cold water,so he asked me could he use drysuits for the cold water?
Should be no reason not to, though he'll probably outgrow it and need a new one shortly :wink:

He wanted to buy a DUI drysuits,because I have a DUI drysuits myself,I feel it is very good.

what about the other drysuits?what about the price?

But I still have a problem,although I wear my drysuits,but my fingers face and toes still cold after a long time cold water diving,I have already put on two glove and two thick socks,and what about the face?could I use full-face mask?

To quote another board member here, "if your feet are cold, put on a hat".
What kind of hood are you wearing, and what's under it? An attached hood does wonders, it doesn't make much sense if you're diving in very cold water to have a wet head. It's like wearing a rain coat with no hood.
If your fingers & toes get cold, it may be because you need more insulation elsewhere. Put on more undies for a start & see if that helps.

oh,I know,I did not wear any hat under the hood,Thank you very much,I must try it.

namelz52:

As long as someone gets proper training in using a drysuit and is proficient in using it, age is irrelevant.

BTW, other drysuit mfgs to consider:

Abyss, Atlan, Brooks, Whites, Wardell, Typhoon, Viking.... the list can be quite long!

Also, what type of suit are you looking at? Neorpene, shell, compressed/crushed neoprene?

First you need to look at the various TYPES of suits, THEN decide on which one suits the needs of your brother.

Back
Top Bottom