Would you share your PDC data?

Would you share your PDC data?

• Yes

Votes: 67 80.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 19.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only paranoids take any notice of other paranoids. :coffee:

I've always found that when some cannot find an intelligent response within their limited capacities they generally resort to name calling. Since this thread started not a single responder has shown how any of this "data" is going to be used to improve safety. Or anything else for that matter. As I pointed out before, information from a dive computer cannot determine what's physically going on inside a diver, not even remotely. To think that it would provide meaningful data that would be accepted in a scientific body to the extent that it would be used to modify the tried and tested algorithms we use is pure folly. If you can show me how I would be glad to hear it. You are free to participate in any "study" you want. Before I choose to I'd like to hear how it's worth the time and effort. If it can't bear my modest scrutiny my guess is it's not.

I've always found that when some cannot find an intelligent response within their limited capacities they generally resort to name calling.

Passive aggressive pot calls laconic kettle black.

Of course I'm paranoid.

Did anyone else notice that Obama decided the H1N1 virus was creating an emergency and, therefore, it was prudent to gut the provisions of HIPAA - the federal laws that restrict the release of medical information?

Did anyone else notice that the legislation was signed on Friday but not announced until Saturday when the major news outlets were asleep?

See paragraphs 4 & 9 here: Obama declares H1N1 emergency - CNN.com

Has anyone else thought that this is an attempt to raid the medical records in advance of socialized medicine? Got something 'sensitive'? Well, it isn't confidential any more!

How is this relevant? Well, suppose scuba diving was determined to be a risky sport (and it is). Then suppose that you can't get socialized medicine if you participate in risky sports.

Do you really think your medical provider would be thrilled to find out just how you have been violating the ascent rules? I wonder if your insurance company could walk away from accidents because of risky behaviors.

There can be no good outcome from providing PDC information.

Just saying...

Richard

Last edited:
Of course I'm paranoid.

Did anyone else notice that Obama decided the H1N1 virus was creating an emergency and, therefore, it was prudent to gut the provisions of HIPAA - the federal laws that restrict the release of medical information?

Did anyone else notice that the legislation was signed on Friday but not announced until Saturday when the major news outlets were asleep?

See paragraphs 4 & 9 here: Obama declares H1N1 emergency - CNN.com

Has anyone else thought that this is an attempt to raid the medical records in advance of socialized medicine? Got something 'sensitive'? Well, it isn't confidential any more!

How is this relevant? Well, suppose scuba diving was determined to be a risky sport (and it is). Then suppose that you can't get socialized medicine if you participate in risky sports.

Do you really think your medical provider would be thrilled to find out just how you have been violating the ascent rules? I wonder if your insurance company could walk away from accidents because of risky behaviors.

There can be no good outcome from providing PDC information.

Just saying...

Richard

I thought you guys lived in the deep south??? Or are you just on vacation? :)

Brother please....

Of course I'm paranoid.

Just saying...

Richard

Do NOT under-estimate the power of information. Give more of it away, and you lose power.

There is a reason the DoD is standing up the Cyber Command . . .

Back
Top Bottom