Wow Cabilao! Number 3????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, the family and I just got back from another wonderful trip to Polaris Resort on Cabilao Island here in the Philippines. The weather was perfect and except for a killer sunburn on my shoulders from playing on the deserted white sand beaches with my wife and the kids, we all had a terrific time. The girls were in the pool and ocean at least 6 hours a day and spent the rest of the time beach combing.

The seas were very calm and the vis was pretty good too but I didn't take any wide angle this trip. Here are some of the photos I took, I'm still going through them so I'll post them in groups over the next couple of days, I'm leaving on Saturday again and it's Thursday night here. They are all full frame unless noted and taken with both a 60mm and 100mm with sporadic use of my Woody. I hope you enjoy them. I still have shots from 2 Dumaguete trips this month to do...:shakehead:

_MG_0977copy.jpg

_MG_2984copy.jpg

_MG_2898copy.jpg

_MG_2824copy.jpg

_MG_2714copy.jpg

These two photos seem to capture different looks. The second one sort of reminded me of some of the Batman movies where the mood was much darker and sinister...

_MG_1873copy.jpg

_MG_0332.jpg

This File Fish? was so cooperative I hated to stop shooting...

_MG_2619copy.jpg

Awesome photos Dennis, Thanks!!!!

Great job Dennis!

I love how the croid is "hugging" the shrimp in #2. The colors in #3 are excellent. The rest are also very nice.

David

Beautiful! More please!

Thanks everyone.

Sorry jigo, no Lionfish eye. Which photo do you mean? The second pic is of a tiny crab sticking out of a hard coral beside some angel hair sea grass though.

I'll post more tomorrow and might even throw in some Dumaguete ones.

Stunning stuff Dennis !! My friends in Manila are apparently putting a trip together to the Phillipines for us next year - seeing pics like this make me want to be there NOW !!!

Thanks everyone.

Sorry jigo, no Lionfish eye. Which photo do you mean? The second pic is of a tiny crab sticking out of a hard coral beside some angel hair sea grass though.

I'll post more tomorrow and might even throw in some Dumaguete ones.

i was referring to the filefish in the third pic of the second set. interesting the way the fish seems to be looking behind it.

Back
Top Bottom