WOW, I Got An OK From Better Half

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought her a new car for Christmas, a Subaru Forester. Good for hauling equipment.

---------- Post added July 4th, 2013 at 02:50 PM ----------

We do have local diving at a lake, Mt Storm. Lots of folks keep in practice there and they feed the catfish hot dogs so there is a bunch of moochers who show up as soon as you hit the water. I actually talked the local community college into holding a certification class where I will do a refresher and get some local dive buddies.

We do have local diving at a lake, Mt Storm. Lots of folks keep in practice there and they feed the catfish hot dogs so there is a bunch of moochers who show up as soon as you hit the water. I actually talked the local community college into holding a certification class where I will do a refresher and get some local dive buddies.

Sounds like a plan! Welcome back.

I once had a charter customer long ago who complained that his dive trips were getting too expensive because for every dive day for him, his credit card also paid for a full spa day and ladies luncheon at the country club for his non-diving wife.:D

Threads like this remind me how lucky I am that the wife both enjoys diving, and realises that I need my toys. The Wife even let me sell her hatchback so we could buy an LR3 to fit the dive gear into!

LR3 - a man after my own heart. I just bought my better half a new Freelander (LR2 in UK) as well. But I doubt it will ever see my dive gear. However as I have a Landrover Defender for hauling that it won't matter :D

P

For all those lucky ones with diving spouses I am a little envious.

I am reminded how is started scuba, and that was when my wife signed both of us up for discover scuba while on vacation in the Great Barrier Reef. She felt as long as we were all the out there might as well try it. I loved it, she hated it. Now, only two requirements she makes of me is that one, I never ask her to try scuba gain; and two, I always come home safe after every dive.

She loves that I have something like scuba that I am passionate about but I still have to discuss spending that much money on gear. And it almost three times what I paid for a set of golf clubs! Usually I have to play the trump card, "well, how much is my life worth? It's life support under water!"

---------- Post added July 8th, 2013 at 10:36 PM ----------

You are very lucky indeed!

Good to hear rick. I got that wing I pm'd you about , on ebay for a spare. What ever you do buy slowly and once. keep your scuba toys picked up and out of sight. you will be able to milk this blank check for some time. wow,,,, non couch berthing and scuba gear,,,,,,,oh baby , oh baby.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom