Suggestion Wow...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cornfed:
When you were 10? I guess I had a friend in 6th grade that was running one...

I won't and that's part of the problem. Go back and look at all the different threads relating to this and their off-shoots. Just look at all the people who posted, "don't you guys have something better to worry about?"

Yes, when I was 10. Little did I know how much it was preparing me for my IT career. Without that I wouldn't have the big bucks to have so much fun in life.

chrpai:
I was running BBS's as a Sysop and appointing Sigops and Subops 20 years ago.
Does anyone have a scooby snack?...I'm fresh out...

cornfed:
Chris, you've made several off topic comments in the various "banning" threads all of which seemed to be nothing more then an attempt to start ****. You've insulted me, other members and moderators for posting opinions which contradict yours. I remember a particular thread where you suggested I was "too ignorant" to know use the search button because I asked you provide some defense for your position. A lot of people here think you have a rather large chip on your shoulder and your rapid fire replies to this thread don't do much to discredit that belief.

Oh isn't this the pot calling the kettle black? You are the KING of rapid fire. I imagine the real point of your post is to publish a lie and hope it will become fact so that you can pull a Karl on me.

ckharlan66:
Cornfed,

I would like to thank you for providing another chance to demo. a common occurance. I really am not trying to pick on you and I hope you don't take it that way
"HELP!! HELP!! I'M BEING REPRESESSED... YOU SAW IT! YOU SAW IT! DIDN'T YOU??" :D

Now if we close this thread, as you requested, there will be another one that pops up shortly that asked why we are trying to silence the members or why we don't want the members to be heard. Then the discussion will continue in that thread. This is something we wrestle with.
I understand you dilema. Spectre had the habit of closing thread with a message say, "This thread had been closed to allow everyone some time to cool off. I'll reopen it later and see how things go." That always seemed to solve the problem and covered the repression/censor issues at the same time. Alternatively, you could create an "Art of Flaming" forum and just let everyone go at it!

Sometimes threads are closed or removed only temperarly to allow tempers to cool off
Which is exactly what this one needs.

chrpai:
Oh isn't this the pot calling the kettle black? You are the KING of rapid fire. I imagine the real point of your post is to publish a lie and hope it will become fact so that you can pull a Karl on me.

My posts are in the archives. Feel free to dig them up.

Nothing I said in that message was a lie. If you think it was please prove me wrong.

You have no idea at all about my involvement in the Karl diabacle was. I helped give him enough rope to hang himself, that's all.

cornfed:
Which is exactly what this one needs.

But then when someone that doesn't agree that it needed to be closed starts that spin off (that they almost surely will) we have a new problem of how to deal with that. If we close it we are accused of censoring them for trying to find answers. Same thing if we remove it. If we leave it, the members that were arguing (or whatever caused us to move or close the first thread) resume the activity in the new thread.

Chad

ckharlan66:
But then when someone that doesn't agree that it needed to be closed starts that spin off (that they almost surely will) we have a new problem of how to deal with that. If we close it we are accused of censoring them for trying to find answers. Same thing if we remove it. If we leave it, the members that were arguing (or whatever caused us to move or close the first thread) resume the activity in the new thread.
I don't envy your position. All in all, you guys are doing a good job. I just hate to see pointless wastes of bandwidth like this... because I lack the self control to stay clear! :D

What a hoot.

cornfed:
I don't envy your position. All in all, you guys are doing a good job. I just hate to see pointless wastes of bandwidth like this... because I lack the self control to stay clear! :D

ROFLOL!

:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom