Suggestion Wow...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
chrpai:
What do you think really started this thread? You got a moderator with DIR up his * and a bunch of DIR chronies who are pleased that he booted a bunch of people who disagreed with them. You can't miss them, they are the ones that keep posting

That's not at all an accurate description of our group of moderators and you know it. I have never seen some one get banned for disagreeing.
"Bravo, Good Job! This ain't no democracy, sit down and shut up or you'll be next!!"

Here you're correct it is not a democracy.

For Crying Out Loud! Would Someone Please Close This Thread!!!!

Alternatively, you could just ban Chrpai. Sounds like he is being disruptive and I am sure he is violating the TOS in some fashion.

O-ring:
Alternatively, you could just ban Chrpai. Sounds like he is being disruptive and I am sure he is violating the TOS in some fashion.

Get 5 of your DIR chronies and your DIR Moderator together and I'm sure you can accomplish it.

I bet you've violated the TOS also.

MikeFerrara:
That's not at all an accurate description of our group of moderators and you know it. I have never seen some one get banned for disagreeing.

You misread what I said. I said "A DIR moderator" and his chronies ( the chronies are users )

MikeFerrara:

Genesis said it well earlier. A board is NOTHING without its users. I was running BBS's as a Sysop and appointing Sigops and Subops 20 years ago. This I know to be a fact.

However you just keep policy the way it is and this board will become nothing.

chrpai:
Genesis said it well earlier. A board is NOTHING without its users. I was running BBS's as a Sysop and appointing Sigops and Subops 20 years ago. This I know to be a fact.
When you were 10? I guess I had a friend in 6th grade that was running one...

However you just keep policy the way it is and this board will become nothing.
I won't and that's part of the problem. Go back and look at all the different threads relating to this and their off-shoots. Just look at all the people who posted, "don't you guys have something better to worry about?"

cornfed:
For Crying Out Loud! Would Someone Please Close This Thread!!!!

Cornfed,

I would like to thank you for providing another chance to demo. a common occurance. I really am not trying to pick on you and I hope you don't take it that way, but, you have been very open to communicating and you have provided some good opportunities for discussion.

You have called for this thread to be closed, something we get in PM or with the "Report this Post" quite often.

Now if we close this thread, as you requested, there will be another one that pops up shortly that asked why we are trying to silence the members or why we don't want the members to be heard. Then the discussion will continue in that thread. This is something we wrestle with.

Sometimes threads are closed or removed only temperarly to allow tempers to cool off or to allow us to discuss what post are/are not appropriate (we don't always have all the answers and sometimes we have to ask the other mods for opinions, in the mean time we pull the thread to keep the fire from spreading) and then they are intended to be reinstated either in full or after being cleaned of offending posts, but if the arguements continue in spin off threads that pop up the tempers never cool off and we never get to a point that we are confortable returning the original thread with confidence that it won't pick back up where it left off. Of course some threads are so far gone that it is too hard to clean them, but that is a different issue. We do try to send a PM to let the thread originator know that his thread has been pulled and tell any offending posters what they did wrong. Sometimes though we aren't planning to keep it pulled too long or we are still discussing what if anything is a violation before we PM a user with the details.

Chad

chrpai:
Get 5 of your DIR chronies and your DIR Moderator together and I'm sure you can accomplish it.

I bet you've violated the TOS also.
Who, me? Never.. Hey, rec.scuba called, they want their whipping boy back.. Go TOS off over there for a bit..

chrpai:

Chris, you've made several off topic comments in the various "banning" threads all of which seemed to be nothing more then an attempt to start ****. You've insulted me, other members and moderators for posting opinions which contradict yours. I remember a particular thread where you suggested I was "too ignorant" to know use the search button because I asked you provide some defense for your position. A lot of people here think you have a rather large chip on your shoulder and your rapid fire replies to this thread don't do much to discredit that belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom