WP-DC34 shutter button got stuck during dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cool79

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
anyone expecting that the shutter button stuck halfway? I had used it for quite a numerous of dives. When i was focusing at around 25 to 30m, the shutter button got stucked and I would need to give it a good press before the button pop back up again.

is there anyway i can service this?

I hope I can still use my housing, as my G12 is still working in its tiptop condition, especially the cmos sensor was being changed recently.

I lube the sticky buttons on my Canon housing using the same grease used on the body oring. I put a tiny amount on a toothpick and lube inside the case--operating the offending buttons as i put lube on. Do it gently and don't break the tip of the toothpick off in the oring. Just put the lube on the button shaft and around the shaft...........Your housing sounds as though that is all it needs.

When rinsing in fresh water after a dive, operate the buttons to reduce the frequency of these problems. We do mostly shore dives at home in Florida and always take a jug of water to rinse the housing right after the dive-then I wrap it up in a towel to take home. Once home, I soak in a sink for some hours operating the buttons now and then as it soaks. Still, eventually some of the buttons will get sticky and the above always works.

Slot yes, knife definitely not, why take a chance of shaving down an oring?

With my housing for my G15, the buttons get stuck, and a knifepoint allows me to get under the spring and pop it back out. I don't think any O-rings are at risk. I'll have to take another peak though.

With my housing for my G15, the buttons get stuck, and a knifepoint allows me to get under the spring and pop it back out. I don't think any O-rings are at risk. I'll have to take another peak though.

IMO, They will continue to stick periodically until you lube the button shafts inside the housing--at least, that's my experience with a now 5 year old Canon housing...

Back
Top Bottom