Wreck at McKenzie Bight?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Noob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there one? What's the bearing and distance? And what other details about the wreck are there?

I was under the impression that there was no wreck until early last week, when someone mentioned it to me. Might just be misinformed or mistaking it for the Henderson wreck.

I wouldn't get too excited. It's probably just this:index
Hyperlimits was the person who told me about it.

Here's a secret treasure map showing it's location: Untitled.jpg
I already took all the gold bars and vintage champagne (with a permit of course), but there still might be some Andrea Doria china if you go in deep enough. If you find a better wreck at McKenzie Bight, let me know.

Yeah, that's probably what everyone's talking about. I just don't want to miss anything when diving and I like finding unique things underwater.

Secret trail? I'm in.

Thanks for the map.

I get excited with any people made junk

Found the "wreck"...I think. I'm assuming it's the only thing there, and it was around 28fsw. You're right, nothing to get excited about. It amounted to little more than an oversized square tub-thing. Ha! But I'm glad I found it and know about it now.

The secret trail, though, was quite the trail. Climbing over a fallen log in scuba gear is an interesting experience. And it's steep!

Back
Top Bottom