Wreck coordinates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I currently live in Punta Gorda FL, and have for about the last year. Unfortunately my dads boat (im 17) got maimed during charley and i havnt been out since. Recently we purchased a new boat and were looking to go diving tomorrow. I learned to dive up north (Jersey) where there arnt many reefes, but tons of wrecks, which was fine with me because ive always been more interested in wrecks than any other site. I was wandering if anyone had the coordinates for a good wreck within about 2 hours of the punta gorda harbour.

The best and fastest way to get a start on finding dive sites around Florida is to start with the Pasadena Top Spot charts. They are available for your location at about any fishing supply location, marina, or dive shop and they give a good listing with GPS coordinates for many wrecks, bottom structures, and fishing locations.

Try my book, Shipwrecks of the Sunshine State. It has over 1,000 coordinates, as well as wreck narratives of over 100 shipwrecks.

http://uwex.us/shipwreckbook.htm

Cheers,
Mike

Back
Top Bottom