Wreck Diving Magazine Issue #22 - Photos by me :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Issue #22 of WDM is out, and I have some photos published in this one. There's a story by John Mattera about the Battle of Santo Domingo, and he tells the story of the battle, and our dives there to capture images of the wreck site.

If you subscribe to Wreck Diving Magazine, or are interested in getting it. It's available from their website Wreck Diving Magazine or as I understand at Barnes and Noble bookstores.

Here's a couple of the shots that got published.

DSC_00244.jpg

John Chatterton sizes up one of the massive cannons from Imperial

DSC_00283.jpg

A pile of Cannon from Imperial

DSC_00414.jpg

John Chatterton by one of the ships anchors

It was not a great day for taking pictures. We had a strong surge, and crappy viz. The story in WDM gives a little insight into the adventure we had getting to the wreck site.

I'm also looking forward to the next issue - which is coming out in a few weeks!

Congrats on the photos published - they look great! I had never heard of this magazine but from their website it seems the writers/collaborators are very well known. Just curious though, does the magazine feature a lot of informative articles as well? By this I mean articles on safety, equipment configuration/considerations, dive planning, etc. or does it mainly focus on wrecks and their stories? I'll have to go see if my local Barnes & Noble has a copy.

WDM is only published a few times a year and isn't as warm and fluffy as other magazines (IMO). My husband likes it better than some other magazines and is always happy when I bring him a copy home. (we should seriously just subscribe).

Nice work on the photos Howard! If I bring a copy with me to -insert dive show here- will you sign it for me??

Wait till you see the cover of the next issue :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom