wrecks for new divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you like travelling, Bermuda is a great place for wreck diving. I was just there in September and there's literally 100's of wrecks you can dive.

Most of them are in 40' of water or less, very very doable and great bottom times.

D.

of course, bermuda IS hellaciously expensive...

If you want to travel, the BVI has plenty of easy wrecks - warm water, great vis, shallow dives. The Rhone, the Chikuzen, Wreck alley at Cooper, the plane at Coral Gardens, the Inganess Bay,... and I am sure that I am forgetting some. Some of these are easy enough dives that they do them with Discover scuba divers. The ones they rate as intermediate are much easier than "easy" dives off the DE/MD coast. 80 degree water and 80 foot vis is a normal day down there. Most of the wrecks are in the Drake Channel which in good weather is more like a lake than the ocean.

Jackie

reefraff:
Best North American wreck destinations, in no particular order:

Kingston, Ontario
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
St. Ignace, Michigan
Florida Keys
Morehead City, North Carolina

um i think you forgot the Northeast
NJ to southern Mass is loaded with AWESOME wreckdiving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back