Wrecks in Northern Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trickz_29

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone knows any good wrecks to dive off of in northern Ontario, Canada. Preferably maybe no more thatn 4 hours north of Toronto. I am really looking for wrecks in water between 90- 130ft.

thanks

Get the book or books such as Dive Ontario you will find many wreck in the northern Ontario regions

Trickz - your best bet for staying around the 4 hour mark would be to go to Kingston and surrounding areas. Some of the Great Lakes most beautiful, intact (and very plentiful) wrecks are in that area. Not saying Tobey isn't a good dive site, but you'll get more bang for your buck Kingston way.....

SS - really in northern Ontario....

ScubaScott:
Trickz - your best bet for staying around the 4 hour mark would be to go to Kingston and surrounding areas. Some of the Great Lakes most beautiful, intact (and very plentiful) wrecks are in that area. Not saying Tobey isn't a good dive site, but you'll get more bang for your buck Kingston way.....

SS - really in northern Ontario....
thanks i will check it out

I grew up (and still have family) less than an hour away from Toby. We're up there a lot. But I recommend Kingston - for a number of reasons.

a) The water is warmer. Much, much warmer.

b) There's more to do. Not only are there more wrecks, but Kingston is a medium sized city with restaurants, theatres and things to do. Tobermory rolls up the carpet at night and has nothing. The nearest movie theatre is in Owen Sound, 1 hour and 20 minutes south.

c) Tobermory forces you to buy a tag you put on your BC. It's inexpensive, but it's still another $15 or so (I forget how much they cost - I haven't gotten mine for this year.)

d) Kingston is less weather dependent. Tobermory is somewhat more exposed to the elements.

Back
Top Bottom